Five Guys opens at intu Milton KeynesPosted 29th December 2016
Christmas has come early as intu Milton Keynes opens its latest food retailer, the phenomenally popular American burger chain, Five Guys.
Opening its doors at 11am, customers were queuing to be among the first to sample the burgers, fries and drinks offer. With as many different toppings as you like, the chain’s custom-built burgers have developed a cult-like following despite only launching in the UK in 2013. Not forgetting the Coca-Cola® freestyle machine too, giving 125+ drinks choices! From Orange Coke® to Raspberry Sprite®.
The freshness of Five Guys is one of its unique selling points, the chain doesn’t have freezers on-site because they don’t use frozen ingredients. At Five Guys, everything’s cooked fresh from scratch.
The potatoes are hand-cut daily and there is always a sign to tell the customer where they’re grown from – for the opening in intu Milton Keynes, they were from Nottinghamshire.
More interesting facts about Five Guys:
- Five Guys was established in 1986, with the first UK restaurant opening in 2013
- There are 52 restaurants across the UK
- There are over 250,000 possible combinations to order a burger at Five Guys
- There are over 1,000 possible ways to customise a Five Guys milkshake
- Five Guys does not have freezers, microwaves or can openers in any of its restaurants across the UK
- Five Guys handcrafted burgers are grilled to order
- Five Guys fries are hand cut each morning and cooked in peanut oil
Shelley Peppard, general manager at intu Milton Keynes said: “The design of Five Guys is beautiful and an extremely welcome addition to the shopping centre and its customers. I wish them all the very best and look forward to sampling their amazing burgers.”