Make up a team of 4 and tackle a new and unique challenge at the Caldecotte Xperience on the weekend of 18th and 19th March 2017. Test yourselves against a whole range of obstacles and challenges and you’ll learn what you can do and how to work together as a team.
It’s hard and its great fun!
As you follow a track around the site, you’ll climb, abseil, negotiate the scramble wall, go underground in the caving system, try to strike gold at archery, go canoeing on the lake, run round the lake and finally wade the river on your way to the finish. It is likely to take 1 to 2 hours to complete and each team will have its own start time. Points will be awarded for successfully completing each challenge so we will have a winning team at the end.
It costs just £200 for each team to register and we ask that each person taking part raises at least £200 in sponsorship to support the work of Action4Youth in improving the lives of children and young people across Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire, through youth clubs, challenges, outdoor education and inspiring experiences.
Call Action4Youth on 0300 003 2334 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or complete the entry form attached.
What you need to know
• Complete the entry form which has details about how to pay your £200 to secure your team’s place, there are limited places so book as soon as you can.
• Wear suitable sports clothes
• Expect to get wet and dirty so bring clothes to change into at the end
• Bring a head torch if possible
• If you miss an obstacle, keep going but you will lose points
• Participants should be over 18 years of age
• You’ll get a commemorative t-shirt if you raise more than £225
• Your start time will be confirmed when you register. Please arrive at least an hour before that.
• Family and friends are welcome to cheer you on. There will be a BBQ and refreshments.
• We ask everyone to raise at least £200 and we’ll give you advice to help with that.
Your money will support Action4Youth, the leading charity in Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes providing positive, often transformational experiences and activities which inspire children and young people. Our aim is to enable young people of all abilities to learn to challenge themselves and work with others – learning what they can achieve rather than what they can’t.
We deliver outstanding outdoor education through our two centres, The Caldecotte Xperience in Milton Keynes and The Longrigg Xperience in Cumbria, which offer an extensive range of activities.
We are also the leading provider of the National Citizen Service and the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme in the area. Action4Youth represents over 100 youth clubs and organisations throughout the county giving guidance and support to help their growth and development.